I think people of ALL ages can get into the Holiday Spirit with a piping hot mug of cocoa & all the fixin’s. I try to keep the whole Holiday rush to a minimum, and that includes decorations,
whoops, I just heard Captain fall to the floor laughing! With our kids grown and trimming their own trees, putting a big tree up is not something we do every year. But, with friends & family dropping-in during the holidays, I do love to show special attention to the gathering areas of our house. My Coffee Station morphs throughout the year to fit the season. You’ve seen it a Valentines Day. Having put away the Fall cider (whoops, forgot to take a photo of that) today, I pulled together our sweet Hot Cocoa Bar.
I gathered some new things recently purchased at Target & Home Goods (or Home Sense) to freshen up its look for this year. Nothing cost more that $3. The signs at the bar are from Target. So cute.
Cocoa Bar fixin’s:
- To keep it Simple I am using instant Swiss Miss packets, Dark Chocolate Sensation
- Sprinkles, Red & Green
the checker forgot to bag the Multi-Colored container
- Candy Cane, from Dollar Tree, smashed with a hammer
don’t use their cheap zip locks for this they break then you have to vacuum, what a mess
- Whipped Cream
- Tiny Marshmallows
- Mini Chocolate Chips, I found Xmas colored ones at Target
- Cinnamon, Ground & Stix
- Straws, Reindeer from Target
Bathroom Holiday Makeover
Nothing big, I kept it Simple. Just changed out a few things.
- Holiday chalkboard picture (Home Goods, last year’s find)
- Holiday hand-towel. It has gray in it so mixed well with my existing towels.
- Switched out the rug.
- Switched out the countertop decorations. These driftwood decorations were bought at Home Goods last year. I have
an addictionothers I use other places in the house.
That’s it, I have been busy holiday decorating other areas and will share those later. Thanks for stopping by…Wow, it’s Friday Find time
almost…See you then!
The Polaroid mug & driftwood starfish photos in this post have been edited using Topaz Lab Adjust plug-in, preset cross-process 1 & 3. That retro process is so pretty.