Howdy, well have YOU started your Transition into Fall? If you missed Week 1 – the Porch of my Fall Transition 2016 post, you can read it before next week’s post, when I move inside to style the fireplace mantle. But today a little Gathered Fireplace Inspiration, because…going into Week 2, I remembered that every year I have that “Oooh man, I forgot to fix this, again!” moment.
Our fireplace mantle looks like #%@*!
sorry . It is cheap ‘builder-grade’, you know…the builder’s minimal effort to include a fireplace feature in the price. So this year I pulled up my granny ‘tool belt’ (did you see that coming?) and fixed the situation. In tool language, “The new mantle is still in the process”, but, it is at the point I can safely say, unless it pops apart, we heard it making POP sounds last night, it will make its début in MML’s next post this week!
Here’s a peek at some Pinterest photos that helped Inspire my design.
Our Before fireplace…it can only get better, right?
My goals are:
- Beefy thick wood mantle that has depth
- Simple lines, no crown molding or fancy trims – Small room, not too bulky
- Cottage style, may include distressed white paint
- (future) Stone refacing of the front – removable mantle for future DIY facelift
- Easy to make with BASIC tools
- Can finish before next blog post,
no matter how hot the garage gets.
Gathered Inspiration photos…
Wasn’t that fun!
Meet Me Lakeside next week for Week 2 – Fall Transition 2016 – the Fireplace and the début of our (brand) new Fall mantle.
Wishing you an incredible weekend!