I have always appreciated when someone takes time to create a pretty table or food presentation. I remember even as very young child being thrilled when my grandma placed her jewel toned 1950’s aluminum tumblers on her dinner table, she would chill the glasses so when our milk was poured it would immediately crystallize around the top
sometimes our lips stuck to the freezing metal rim. Both my sister and I remember that icy milk as the best ever, served in those aluminum glasses. Even that young, we knew Grandma’s extra preparation meant we were pretty special.
Spring tablescapes, with their fresh colors and natural elements, can easily create a moment that conveys to guests how special they are to you. Tablescapes can transform an ordinary meal into an event.
You need not go any further than your refrigerator and garden to gather items to decorate your table.
We have a little bistro table & two chairs tucked in the front porch entryway that provides a nice setting for a morning cup of coffee or an evening glass of wine…
…in the Spring this cozy space is the perfect place to create a pretty tablescape for a special person.
- Bistro set – Lowe’s, purchased many years ago, repainted many times : )
- Green ratan charger plate & ikat cotton napkin – World Market, clearance items.
- White charger plate – Home Goods
- White dishware – IKEA , set of 6 dinnerware for $20.
- Green plastic tumbler – World Market, a gift
- Vintage mixed Silverware, ebay
- Wine goblet & individual petite wine carafe – Dollar Tree
- Stripe kiwi green & cream cotton tablecloth – remnant fabric
- Bunny – from my stash
Thanks for Meeting Me Lakeside,
Pop on over next week for my kitchen cabinet Reveal, I am also sharing some simple shelf arranging tips.